Friday 20 February 2015

Memories in my Skin Reflection

Konner Mattingly
Memories in my skin
Friday February 20th 2015

Technical:

For the first time, I was able to use many different technical steps such as brushes, different opacity levels, layers, dodging and burning, the magic brush tool, erasers, hue saturation, duplicating layers, and feathering.

Idea or Concept:

I knew that I wanted the Cuban man to be the main picture in my montage, because the story was mostly revolved around him. I also knew that I wanted a beach background because my story happened on the beach. I also wanted to use my own pictures from my trip so that some pictures were original and not just off the internet.

Influences:

There was no artist that influenced me.

Composition:

I used different techniques such as different opacity levels so that certain things would stand out more than others. I also made certain pictures different sizes so that everything didn’t look so perfect. To make sure that there was movement in my montage, I made sure that there were pictures that were rounder than others so that my eyes would float around the picture and not just stay in one spot. Also using different colours was very effective, because some things popped out more than others, which was important.

Motivation:

My motivation to do this artwork was more so the story behind the art. My story was very inspirational for me, and it had such a great impact on my life that I tried putting so much effort into it, and after writing the story, I was a lot more motivated to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment